We have a fantastic team of over 120 volunteers who help us run our programme and provide one to one support for our young people. We don’t have any paid staff so our volunteers are a crucial part of our organisation.
Volunteers take on a range of roles within the Group from our weekly team of volunteer helpers to our less regular supporters who help us with everything from grass cutting to raising funds for our adventures.
Our current leadership team
The Group is managed on a day to day basis by the Group Scout Leader who acts as the lead volunteer for the charity. He is supported by a team of leaders who take on specific roles in the Group:
- Michael Shanks (Group Scout Leader – lead volunteer)
- Kerrie Downes (Deputy Group Scout Leader)
- Douglas Lindsay (Deputy Group Scout Leader)
- Martin O’Neill (Cub Scout Leader)
- Jenna Paterson and Izzy Fauré (Scout Leaders – North Glasgow Troop)
- Roy Adam (Scout Leader – South Glasgow Troop)
- John McDonald and Cameron Mullen (Explorer Scout Leaders – North Glasgow Unit)
- Kevin Alexander (Explorer Scout Leader – South Glasgow Unit)
- Ross Syme (Scout Network Leader)
What do volunteers do?
We’re always on the lookout for new volunteers to join our teams both supporting young people directly and in the background keeping the group running. We have a variety of rules from being a charitable Trustee to helping on our transport service to supporting one to one each of our Scouts.
We don’t expect our volunteers to have any particular experience or qualifications, a detailed training programme is provided. All our volunteers undergo enhanced Disclosure Scotland checks and become members of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme.
Get in touch with us if you have any questions about volunteering.
We are always looking for new volunteers to join our team and we’ll be sure to have a role that suits you! Please click below to view our current specific vacancies, but even if there isn’t something that interests you there please get in touch!